They come out of nowhere, whispers of goodness that catch you off guard and fuel your day.
1. I almost didn't go. The line-up was out to the street but Noa was chanting "Tim-Bit! Tim-Bit!" and if I didn't join the chugging train of fellow addicts I might have had to spend the day hiding underneath my desk. So I traded my toonie for my sanity and was well on my way before I even noticed...
Did they know that I'd had a morning of 'I hate my clothes', 'My toes are funny looking', 'If only I could loose that ten pounds'...?
Probably not...but that's the thing with grace...it comes right when you need it.
2. I arrived to the ever-cheery 'Good Morning' from the ever-cheery best person in the world to work with.
3. I got to hang up my coat on the horrifyingly ugly black and brass coat tree I rescued from the church attic and I like it simply because it's horrifyingly ugly.
4. I turned up the heat to 25 just because I can - because I don't share my office with anybody!
5. I got to kick off my shoes and slip on my fuzzy slippers because comfy feet are seriously conducive to serious creativity.
6. I got everything on my list done and checked off in Christmasy green ink.
7. I took Zander to the bank where he opened his very first bank account and deposited his Fall Fair cheque in the staggering amount of $68.25.
8. We stopped at the local thrift store because of the giant Papa Smurf in the window and I walked away with a pink cardigan, winter boots to replace my busted-at-the-seams, a Christmas Angel wreath for the front door and two Christmas candle holders.
9. Outside the store was a box marked 'FREE' and in it, as if they didn't know he was a character from Toy Story 3, Noa found a Fisher Price Chatter Telephone and proceeded to walk it down the sidewalk like a puppy, pulling the little yellow rope and giggling as it chattered.
10. And, as a perfect ending, I had a willing and splashing and singing helper as I washed the dinner dishes.
Yep...it was a good day!